Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Past

With the New Year sun streaming in my windows, it seems inevitable but to reminisce on people from the past. One person came to mind this morning. His name is Craig and he is a former boss of mine. I really don't know why or how I got to thinking of him. Maybe it is because I was thinking of California where I grew up. Maybe it is because he is the best boss I have had. (I have not had many, being a stay-at-home mom for the past 14 years.) What I mostly remember about him was his calling me "Lips". I called him "Old Man". We continued to keep in touch after I no longer worked with the company until I moved out of the area. We had a great working relationship. He challenged me to improve and promoted me when he could; I in turn respected him and made him look good to his bosses. After a downturn in the economy, he got me a job at another company. He ended up taking a job at another company as well. This is just one of those "Wonder where they are now?" kind of things, I guess. Maybe I should google him? Speaking of catching up with people, I did just last year catch up with my best friend from elementary school. I used the usual route- the website for schools. I was surprised to hear back and we now keep in touch. She and I embarked upon the same adventure last January- we went back to school. We have both now completed one year and still enjoy it. We were good students back then, too. Funny how the the things that made you friends when you were kids still stick. I hope that one day I can make it to California to see her, seeing as how my wanderings have gotten me straight to the Middle of Nowhere, US. I suppose that next summer might be an option, since I have come upon the august age of being able to attend my 20th high school reunion. (more on that later) All of this people wondering causes me to wonder about this year. What kind of people will I meet? Will I catch up with more people from my past? How will these new friendships be significant to me later? With joy I embark upon the New Year and the people it will bring me. May there be great people in your life to call "Friend"!!!!!!

No comments: